November 27, 2006

Labored Fruits

So I thought to myself, well, gee, I can write a website. I can put together a store front and give a set of affiliates a decent showing, do the SEO, get things set up all pretty, and have it all done in time for Black Friday.

And so I did. It took about a month, but the site is together. It has gone through three major design changes, a shift from HTML to PHP, a shift from tables to CSS, a shift from store-focus to product-focus, plus my own shift from sanity to gibbering fool. Why on earth did I think this was going to be simple?

As it turns out, it wasn't nearly as difficult as it would have been without the intervention and counsel of some dear friends and sisters. Thank goodness for the honesty and guidance, or what you see now would still be three weeks ago in a bad state of uninvitingness. But as it is, I rather like it.