October 30, 2006

Day 15 - Impatience Kicks In

If someone offers you a one dollar bill, would you take it?
Highly likely, especially if that someone says 'hey, this fell out of your wallet.'

If someone offers you a $20 bill, would you take it?
Quite possibly, especially if that someone says 'here, I owe you this from last week's lunch with Bob.'

If someone offers you a $1000 bill, would you take it?
Perhaps but I bet you'd hesitate no matter what that someone says (and check for the proper mint markings).

If someone offers you a $10 bill, and tells you that he'll give you a $10 tomorrow and another $20 the day after that and another $50 the day after that, would you take it?
No?
Guess what. You are normal.

Distrust abounds in this business, I am finding. Cutthroat, surreptitious, conniving and guarded. Or perhaps it is that I am landing in with a Bad Crowd.

One thing that does bother me is that my Fern's Great Northern site is not showing up in any of the search engines. I'm beginning to think I am missing a major clue or hint in this puzzle, as if the faster I run, the farther away I get from my goal. The multi-gazillionaire status is eluding me nicely.

I have, however, postponed my nosedive into the morass of Adwords for another day. I know, I know.. it's not the amount of spend, it's the return on investment, the all-powerful ROI. However, when working with a budget that is closer to zero than I care to admit, I wonder if I may have bitten off more than I should be trying to chew... or perhaps I'm having a bad reaction to Daylight Savings Time kickover. That always messes me up and tapdances on my attitude.

Well, fresh start in the morning with renewed enthusiasm!